- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 135 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (7.6 oz.) package Martha White® Banana Nut Flavored Muffin Mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Pour sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover tightly with foil, crimping around top edge of pie plate. Place pie plate in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with about 1/2-inch hot water to surround pie plate. Bake 2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored. Check water about every 40 minutes. Add water if needed to maintain 1/2-inch level. Carefully remove from oven. Remove pie plate from shallow pan. Whisk caramel until smooth. Pour into bowl. Chill, uncovered, 1 hour or until cold.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray. Stir butter into muffin mix until crumbly. Press into bottom and about 1/2-inch up sides of prepared pie plate. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Press down gently with the back of wooden spoon. Cool completely.
- SPREAD caramel into pie shell. Arrange bananas over caramel. Top with whipped cream. Serve immediately or chill up to 2 hours.
- For longer storage, do not top whole pie with bananas and whipped cream. Cut pie into slices as needed and top each slice with bananas and whipped cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 44g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 20%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.