Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 or 9-inch) prepared graham cracker or baked pie crust
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- BEAT cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- POUR into crust; chill 4 hours or until set. Top with desired amount of cherry pie filling before serving.
- TOPPING VARIATIONS
- BLUEBERRY: Omit cherry pie filling. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in medium bowl; mix well. Add 1/2 cup water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice then 2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until thick and clear. Cool 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool 15 minutes. Spread over pie. Chill thoroughly.
- CRANBERRY: Omit cherry pie filling. Combine 1/3 cups sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in medium saucepan. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water and 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Cool 15 minutes. Spread over pie. Chill thoroughly.
- FRESH FRUIT: Omit cherry pie filling. Just before serving, arrange well-drained fresh strawberries, banana slices (dipped in lemon juice and well drained) and blueberries on top of chilled pie. Brush fruit with light corn syrup if desired.
- AMBROSIA: Omit cherry pie filling. Combine 1/2 cup Smucker's® Peach or Apricot Preserves, 1/4 cup flaked coconut, 2 tablespoons orange juice and 2 teaspoons cornstarch in small saucepan; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat. Arrange fresh orange sections over top of pie; top with coconut mixture. Chill thoroughly.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 36g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.