- Yield: 12 bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts, almonds or unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- PROCESS 1 1/2 cups nuts and sugar in blender or food processor until nuts are ground. Combine ground nuts with 1/4 cup melted butter. Press firmly in bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 18 minutes or until edges are golden. Heat sweetened condensed milk and 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla. Carefully spoon over hot crust.
- BAKE an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 2 minutes. Spread chocolate evenly over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup nuts. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Cut into diamonds.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 12), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 39g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.