Coffee Caramel Flan
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Additional ground cinnamon
- COOK sugar in heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until completely melted and caramel-colored. Carefully pour into an 8-inch round baking pan, tilting to completely coat bottom. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup cream, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk in coffee until well blended. Set prepared baking pan in larger shallow pan (such as a 13x9-inch baking pan). Pour flan mixture into prepared pan. Fill larger pan with 1 inch hot water. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove baking pan from hot water; cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- COMBINE remaining cream, powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until cream begins to thicken. Beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- RUN knife around edge of pan to loosen flan. Invert onto serving plate with rim. Cut into wedges. Dollop each serving with whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 flan of 8), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 165mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 61g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.