Cuban French Toast
- Yield: 4 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) loaf Cuban bread or French bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Stir sugar and cinnamon in large bowl until blended. Add eggs, whisking until blended. Whisk in evaporated milk, marmalade and vanilla.
- CUT bread on a diagonal into 16 (3/4-inch thick) slices. Add 1/3 of sliced bread to egg mixture; soak about 2 minutes on each side.
- HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove soaked bread from egg mixture with slotted turner. Cook in hot oil until golden brown on bottom, about 2 minutes Turn and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Place cooked French toast on baking sheet. Repeat to prepare and cook remaining French toast. Cover baking sheet with foil. Bake French toast 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve drizzled with sweetened condensed milk.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 720 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 175mg, Sodium 530mg, Total Carbohydrate 113g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 82g), Protein 19g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 40%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.