Eagle Brand® Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Yield: 6 dozen cookies
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 oz.) jars maraschino cherries, well drained and halved (about 60 cherries)
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; stir into butter mixture (dough will be stiff). Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press cherry half into center of each cookie.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- MELT chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat; cook until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- FROST each cookie, covering cherry. Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature.
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PECAN COOKIES: Follow recipe above, omitting cherries. Flatten. Bake and frost as directed. Garnish each cookie with pecan half.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 72), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.