- Yield: about 8 dozen
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- Green or red food coloring (optional)
- 6 cups powdered sugar, plus additional for kneading filling
- 1 1/2 pounds chocolate-flavored candy coating*, melted
- LINE baking sheets with wax paper.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract and food coloring, if desired, in large bowl. Add 6 cups powdered sugar; beat on low speed until smooth and well blended. Turn mixture onto surface sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- KNEAD lightly to form smooth ball. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball into a 1 1/2-inch patty.
- LET dry 1 hour or longer; turn over and let dry at least 1 hour. With fork, dip each patty into warm candy coating (draw fork lightly across rim of pan to remove excess coating). Invert onto wax-paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until firm. Store covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.
- *Also called confectioners’ or summer coating.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 96 patties), Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 15), Total Fat 1.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 5mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.