Tropical Dessert Bars
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- BOTTOM LAYER
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE PINEAPPLE LAYER
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained, reserving 2 tablespoons juice
- COCONUT LAYER
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- STIR cookie mix and melted butter with fork until crumbs form. Press evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs just until blended. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle drained pineapple evenly over top.
- STIR coconut, macadamia nuts and butter in small bowl until evenly moistened. Sprinkle over pineapple layer.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set and coconut is lightly browned. Cool 1 hour on wire rack. Chill 1 hour. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.