Vanilla-Malt-Toffee Triangles with Sea Salt
- Yield: 24 bars
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Valerie Schucht, Glastonbury, CT, Bake-Off® Contest 45, 2012 Finalist
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup original-flavor malted milk powder
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 LAND O LAKES® Egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Premium Imitation Vanilla Extract
- 1 (8 oz.) bag Heath® Bits 'O Brickle® toffee bits
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Line bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan (dark pan not recommended) with foil, extending foil 2 inches over short sides of pan. Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add 1/4 cup of the malted milk powder. Mix with wooden spoon or knead with hands, until well blended. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and puffed.
- Meanwhile, in same bowl, beat condensed milk, remaining 1/4 cup malted milk powder, egg and vanilla with wire whisk until blended. Stir in 1/3 cup of the toffee bits. Carefully pour mixture over partially baked crust.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is set. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with remaining toffee bits. Bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until toffee bits just begin to melt. Sprinkle bars with sea salt. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan using edges of foil as handles. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Cut each bar in half diagonally to form triangles. Store loosely covered.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012
LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc. / Heath® and Heath® Bits ‘o Brickle® are registered trademarks of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033 / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 bars), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 25g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.